12/19/2016

attitude of gratitude?...

Sometimes it's hard to remember that there is so much to be grateful for.  Life takes over, the adversary pokes at your heart, chaos ensues or one wrong word punches you in the gut.  This life action is all to familiar for everyone...yes, everyone.  So, "whatever is there to be grateful for?!!?" Oh, so very much!

I'm having a rough go at life, not gonna lie.  But, I'm sick and tired of complaining and sulking.  In the spirit of Christmas I've decided to pump up my feel goods, be grateful and smile.  My life is a blessed one.  It's full of family, love, laughter and goodness.  I have a testimony that my Father in Heaven loves me...should that not be enough?  Sadly, sometimes I forget that it IS enough.

President Thomas Monson once gave a talk called "Attitude of Gratitude" and, as usual, it was phenomenal.  So, I'm taking his quote 'have an attitude of gratitude' and applying to my christams week.  I am grateful for small moments of creativity and wonder.  For example: finding out that 2 shots of peppermint syrup are so delightful in a regular hot chocolate; my husband stomping out, in the fresh fallen snow, a message "I love LP"; gathering and delivering small and silly gifts for my neighbor family; substituting the Sunbeam class.  I will be searching for more small moments of wonder during the week.  I know I will find many.

He loves me.
He must...it was 11 degrees outside when he did this!

I am grateful.  I will strive to be grateful.  I can't miss out on the blessings.

Keep your sunny side up!
Lisa Lucille

No comments:

Post a Comment